If you are a gamer, you have to face several issues with the GPU. The GSYNC issues are prominent as that is capable of running your entire gaming experience. I also faced the same issue while playing the Mafia Definitive edition. (How To Fix Mafia Definitive Edition Gsync Not Working)
Although I contacted several professionals, I could not find a permanent fix for that. That is why I decided to conduct small research to fix my problem. While I was going through the research, I found that there is not just the GSYNC issue but more such as the screen stripping, setting the refresh rate, and more.
In this article, I will explain to you what I discovered you.
How Do I Know That Mafia Definitive Edition Gsync Not Working?
First, you must make sure that your gsync is not working. This is how you can know that your gsync is not working.
- The screen tearing
- The decreased refresh rate of the screen
- Mouse movement causes stutters and flickers when playing the Mafia definitive edition.
- Not being able to complete missions as the screen doesn’t support
- Showing the game in the window
How Can I Fix The Mafia Definitive Edition Gsync Not Working Issue?
I found the following fixes to the gsync issue on Mafia definitive edition.
The Borderless Windowed Mode
The use of the borderless windowed mode is the easiest way to fix a particular issue. You get to play your game without any interruptions while playing the Mafia definitive edition. Whether the sync works or not, this will be a problem.
1. First, you must Download Windowed Borderless Gaming and install it on the computer
2. Open the app.
3. Run the Mafia definitive game in windowed mode (you still have the issue unfixed)
Click on the icon in the tray (You will see it on the top of the career as a tray).
4. You may easily conduct the action using the shortcut. You must
“Add window (F3)” button.
5. Then you must go to the mafia definitive game and click F3.
6. Restart the Mafia definitive edition game
Disabling The Full-Screen Optimizations In Properties Of The Mafia Definitive Edition.Exe File
You have two main ways to do this, disabling the screen optimizations for all the apps and disabling a specific app.
Disabling the Screen Optimization for the Mafia definitive app
- You must go to properties to turn off the full-screen optimizations of the mafia definitive edition.
- Right-click on the shortcut or the Mafia definitive edition launcher
- Choose Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Put on a tick to Disable full-screen optimizations
Disabling the screen optimizations for all apps on the computer
Follow these steps to do that
1. You must go to settings, and you can do that by pressing the Windows key, and I key together to open Settings.
2. Click on System in the Settings window
3. Then click on Display. You will find it in the tab from the left panel.
4. Click on Advanced graphics settings.
5. You will get a pop-up window next. You must remove the tick on the Enable full-screen optimizations.
Your Gsync issue must have been fixed by now. If you still have the issue, I suggest you follow the simple tricks to fix the issue temporarily.
- Turn fullscreen off
- Turn the window boarder off
- Set the windows taskbar to auto-hide
Note: You will have to do this each time you play the game. But that will not ruin your gaming experience at all.
If you are a user whose computer has a high refresh rate issue when playing the Mafia Definitive Edition, then follow the below guidance.
How to fix the High refresh rate Issue of the Mafia Definitive Edition?
If you have the full-screen refresh rate 60hz lock issue, please follow the steps to fix your issue.
- You must download 3Dmigoto from GitHub.
- Then you must go to the mafia definitive edition install folder and replace everything from the archive
- You must open d3dx.ini
- Then, launch a search for the line with refresh rate and uncomment it (remove ‘;’ from line start). Then set your preferred refresh rate.
- Next, search category [Logging] and set ALL parameters within to 0
- Search option hunting=1 and set it to 0
I found that the game would work flawless on win10 x64, 9900k/2080ti at 3440×1440 around 100 fps including gsync
Conclusion (How To Fix Mafia Definitive Edition Gsync Not Working?)
I hope you have fixed your issue by now. If it exists further, just let us know. We will help you.